Wednesday 10 December 2014

Wonderful Vegetables

It was so amazing to see how much the children's knowledge of vegetable had grown when we completed the "What I know about vegetables" benchmark data. 

It's just awesome to experience such enthusiasm about vegetables and see children so keen to eat green. 

Alex said, "I liked having the potatoes because I really like boiled potatoes. I tried kale for the first time and it was really nice with the salt, I was proud that I tried something even though I didn’t know what it tasted like. I am going to always try vegetables now."

It was fantastic to be able to link our inquiry to other curriculum areas and the cooking provided authentic experiences for writing recipes. 

Room 27 love kale. We cooked some kale chips to share with Room 2 as part of our handover to the Year 1s. The children were so proud to show the Year 1s their garden. They will always remember planting, nurturing, harvesting and enjoying their vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment